Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

We have survived another "First Day" of school...well at least the trip to the bus stop. I made sure to get to know some of the other kids and asked the 4th and 5th graders to look out for Jake and Maddie (his friend from across the street). They were so sweet...and Jake hasn't realized enough to be embarrassed of me yet! He even let me snap pictures of him all along the way! His eyes were as big as saucers when he saw the bus coming...it was truly priceless to see his excitement!

He was so excited today, even though his alarm rang at 6 am. He was very anxious to meet his new classmates. After a very hectic parking lot visit during Open House, we decided to break down and let him ride the bus. Brian has been in favor of riding the bus all along, but I have hesitated because you hear all kind of horror stories about what happens "in the back of the bus". I had my eye on those 5th graders and made sure to ask the bus driver to take good care of them!! She laughed at me of course :)

I hope those of you with school age kids are having a great beginning of the school year as well!!

2 comments:

Cassie's Mom said...

The little guy is all grown up!

Unknown said...

Grandma is sooo proud!

Background