Monday, July 23, 2007

Girlfriends Weekend on the Virginia Creeper Trail


A wonderful group of my NC friends and fellow moms went on a weekend trip to the Virginia Creeper Trail. We rode the 17 mile downhill bike trail across bridges and creeks with lots of beautiful scenery along the way.

We stayed in a cute little cottage, Creeper Trail Cottages, with a creek out back and a screened in back porch which was the site of lots of laughs. We also found time to visit a wonderful little vineyard, Abingdon Winery, for a wine tasting and some relaxing on the winery patio.

One of the other highlights of our trip, was the tubing we did on the river. It was a little unnerving because they just kind of dumped us in the river and said they would pick us up 3 hours later!!! I actually took a spill out of my tube, lost my hat and had some trouble getting back in, but one of my friends helped me out! It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend a visit...especially for families!

No comments:

Background