Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lisa's Brother Inducted into the BHS Hall of Fame


My brother, Jeff, was recently honored by the Boardman High School Booster Association and inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame. My entire family is so proud of him, as he was an excellent baseball and football player while in high school. Even though I was not able to make it to the banquet, my parents recorded the speech he gave at the banquet. Those of you who know Jeff, know that public speaking is not his favorite thing in the world to do, but he literally had the best speech of the evening, very humbly recalling our families' experience with BHS sports and his gratitude to my parents for all that they have done for us.

Jeff and my parents also quite shamelessly were lobbying for my induction into the Hall of Fame, but apparently the "Spartan Spirit" award that I received in high school didn't impress people much!

1 comment:

Cassie's Mom said...

That's why it's called the "Spartan Spirit" award. You have lots of that. Maybe just not as much athletic ability? :-) Love you!

Background