Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lisa Completes Full Practice Triathlon

After months of training, I finally completed a full distance practice triathlon, 3 weeks before the big race on October 5th. I had done some back to back bike/runs and one shorter distance practice tri, but this was the first time I did the entire distance (250 swim, 9 mile bike, 2 mile run).

The swim actually kind of wakes you up and energizes you as you start the bike ride, but the transition from the bike to the run is like trying to run while carrying a refrigerator on your hinny! It started to rain during the run, so Brian rode my bike along side me so he could track my distance and I would know exactly when I could stop. By the 1 mile mark it was pouring down and we were sloshing through puddles, but I finally finished in about 1 hour and 12 minutes!

Bri took me out to lunch after and I enjoyed a great big steak!! This training has really upped my appetite. I am really looking forward to the race and doing this all women triathlon alongside hundreds of other ladies and some of my closest friends.

- TriDiva Lisa

No comments:

Background